This unique music event will be held at St. John the Baptist Church (Aasleagh Church). The Church was founded in 1854 and is located outside the village of Leenane on the N59 Westport Road. The Church and locations surrounding the area were used in the making of the film “The Field” starring Richard Harris.
Joe Fury & Joanne Keegan
A sense of Americana Roots, Country Folk with feel of Old school Rhythm “n” Blues, naturally in their own way. This becomes evident with their original material. You could say that they are both veterans in their own right but, by chance, got together to create something quite special. It’s a simple formula of two naturally harmonic, strong and independent vocals that surprisingly sit perfectly together, accompanied by acoustic guitars. (Keep an eye on Joanne, she is the real guitarist).
Fionn Rua are a young, up and coming acoustic band. They are the winners of the UCD Battle of the Bands in 2016 and these guys just love what they do. Jack McEvoy is no stranger to us here in Leenane (he may just have served you a pint in Hamilton’s Bar) and we are really excited to share this band with you.
One more Act to be announced……………..
• The tickets are priced at €30 per person. They will be non-refundable but may be transferred to another person if you are unable to make it. Please email us one week prior to the event to advise if any changes are required. Admission on the evening will be checked against the online booking list and there will be no physical tickets.
• There will be a free shuttle bus running from Leenane Village to the Carraig Bar. The bus will leave at 18:30, 18:50 and the last bus at 19:10.
• There will be light refreshments (tea/coffee/water) served during one of the intermissions.
• We would ask that all people are seated at 19:30 (sharp).
• The proceeds from this event will go to the Leenane Community Park Project Fund. We thank you for your continued support.
• The capacity of the venue is 150 persons and we require 6 persons per pew to maximise on this capacity.
• We will be allocating seating on a first come, first seating basis.
• We would recommend that you bring a cushion as the seating consists of wooden pews which some people may find uncomfortable for long durations.
• There is no car parking available on the grounds of Aasleagh Church.
• There will be limited parking available at the following locations:
Aasleagh Lodge: 30 Spaces 3 minute walk to church
Aasleagh Cottages: 10 Spaces 2 minute walk to church
Aasleagh Falls: 25 Spaces 5 minute walk to church (use lodge access for safety)
Carraig Bar: 12 Spaces 5 minute walk to church
• If you are travelling in groups, we would ask if you could carpool where possible.
• If you are travelling from the Westport Direction, we would ask that you use the Aasleagh Lodge Car Park.
• If you are travelling from the Louisburgh Direction, we would ask that you use the Aasleagh Falls and Cottages Car Parking.
• If you are travelling from the Leenane Direction, we would ask that you avail of the free shuttle bus from the village, or the Carraig Bar Car Parking.
• There will be marshals patrolling the car parks in the vicinity of the Church throughout the event.
• Please obey the instructions of the Marshals at all times.
• We would advise you to bring a torch and high visibility gear as it will be dark at the end of the night.
• Unfortunately there are no toilet facilities at Aasleagh Church. There will however be a Porta Loos available on the night. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Aasleagh Voices - POSTPONED
- Product Code: AV01
- Availability: Opening Soon